About the Southern Railways Group
This page provides some general information about the Southern Railways Group, what we do and how we are organised and operate.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the Southern Railways Group is to promote interest in the railways of Southern England and their post-nationalisation successors by:
- Collecting and disseminating information relating to the history, engineering and operation of these railways
- Maintaining registers of photographs, plans and data which are available to Members
- Publishing relevant material of interest to members
- Promoting and assisting the modelling of these railways
- Assisting members to meet and visit places of Southern interest
Research and input by the membership helps the Group expand its knowledge, and we encourage all members to comment and help.
The SRG Annual Members’ Day
The Members Day and AGM is usually held on a Saturday in September or October. The location for the last few years has been St John’s Church Hall in West Byfleet, Surrey.
As well as conducting the usual AGM business, there is a buffet lunch and a quiz. The afternoon is rounded off with a talk by an eminent Southern authority. The date of the next meeting and the Speaker will be announced on the SRG News page.
The SRG Committee
We are currently looking for a volunteer to become the Group’s Secretary.